Upcoming Events and News

County Offices Closing Early on August 21st

Juniata County Government offices will be closing at 12:30pm on Thursday, August 21, 2014 to provide County personnel an opportunity to attend a memorial service for the late Robert N. Reynolds, Juniata County Commissioner.  County offices will remain closed for the duration of August 21st and are scheduled to resume operation at 8:00am on Friday, August 22nd.

The County Commissioners, elected officials and employees of Juniata County appreciate the public’s understanding and cooperation during this difficult time.

Commissioners’ Meeting

Due to the lack of a quorum, the Juniata County Commissioners’ meeting originally slated for August 19, 2014 will NOT be held.  The next scheduled Commissioners’ meeting will be on Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 10:00 a.m.  in the Commissioners’ Conference Room located in the Bousum Building, 26 N. Main St., Mifflintown, Pennsylvania.

The August 26th agenda will be posted for review upon completion.  Archived copies of meeting agendas and approved meeting minutes may be found by navigating to the Commissioners’ page.

Notice: Fee Updates for Recorder of Deeds, Register of Wills, and Clerk of Orphans’ Court

Pertaining to document services provided by the Juniata County Recorder of Deeds, Register of Wills, and Clerk of Orphans’ Court, ACTs 113 and 126 of 2014 have resulted in changes to the existing JCS/ATJ/CJEA Fee.

The JCS/ATJ/CJEA fee is temporarily increased from $23.50 to $35.50 in two stages for all filings. Once fully implemented, the fee will remain at $35.50 until December 31, 2017.

Effective July 10, 2014, Act 126 increased the fee by $10, bringing the total fee to $33.50.
Effective August 8, 2014, Act 113 will increase the fee by an additional $2.00, bringing the total fee to $35.50.

Current fees can be viewed for each office at these links -

Human Services Development Fund, FY 2014-15

The Human Services Development Fund, HSDF, is available to provide and administer county-based social services to eligible individuals. We present here the 2014-15 Juniata County Human Services final budget and service recipients for review.

Apply for a Marriage License Online

The Clerk of Orphans’ Court, who issues marriage licenses in Juniata County, is pleased to announce that application for a marriage license may now be initiated online. You’ll both still need to visit the Clerk of Orphans’ Court office to complete the application at least three business days before the marriage. Head on over to our Marriage Licenses page to review the requirements before you apply.

Flood Insurance is A Good Thing for Juniata County!

Many of us live in a floodplain in Juniata County. If you are a renter, homeowner or business owner, make sure you have flood insurance to cover your belongings and repair costs if a damaging flood should occur. To learn more, read about Flood Insurance.